Thursday, November 17, 2005

Dear Santa

Those advertising execs should be dancing in their suits because their clever tactics have done a number on my children yet again this year. My kids have a case of the "I Want That" syndrome. This is where they see commercial after commercial of beautiful children playing with amazing toys that look like sooooo much fun, and no matter what the toy is, they shout out "I Want That". And by the way, it is not in a sweet innocent child voice....it is in a whiny strung out voice that says "Puhhhleeez mom....every other kid in the world is gonna get that toy except me and its no fair" voice. So for the next few days I will feature each of my kids' Christmas lists. Hopefully it will be helpful for those of you who have the unfortunate responsiblity of finding my kids a gift, and for those of you who don't, it may give you some hints for a child on your Christmas list. Let the fun begin!
Katelyn's list (Age 10)
iPod mini or nano
iDog by Hasbro
Fur Real Scamps the Playful Pup
Scrapbooking set
Make-up, lip gloss
PJ's-pants and tanks
Magazine subscription to: Teen, Teen People, Dogs for Kids, J-14
DVD's: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Full House Season 2, Sleepover, Mean Girls
CD's: Smoosh/She's Like Electric, AJ & Aly/Into the Rush, Hillary Duff/Most Wanted
Games: Mancala, Ms Pacman Plug and Play, Dream Life Plug and Play
Books: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series
Gift Certificates: Limited Too, Aeropostle, Claire's, Best Buy

No comments: