Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Have I Done Anything Right?

The kids have been into watching our home videos lately. This summer I put them all on DVD and edited them with music etc, so they are easier to watch. Last night we were watching one and Katelyn and Kennedy's baptism day was on. "What does Baptism mean?" Carter asked. Not exactly an easy concept to explain to a 6 year old since I'm not even sure I have a complete handle on it. I told him how we think baptism is a gift from God and that it means that you become a child of God and that your parents promise to raise you in a Christian home and tell you all about God. So after I think I've done an adequate job of describing baptism, he deadpans...."So mom, how come you didn't tell US about God?" Apparently, I am a complete failure as a parent.

No comments: