Friday, December 09, 2005

Sticker Shock

I took Katelyn to get a haircut last night at a local hair salon. Normally, I just cut her hair myself, but I had a gift certificate to this particular place so I thought I'd treat her to a fun night out. We decided to do a all-over color also since half of her hair was a brassy yellow from a 6-month-old highlight, summer and chlorine, and the other half was her natural ashy brown. The stylist colored her hair and gave the ends of her hair literally a few clips and when we went to pay, I handed her the $25.00 gift certificate and she said, "Okay, your remainder will be $50.00." GULP...huh? To color and trim a 10-year-old's hair? What do you say? It's not like I can go..."Oh, that's too much can we return the color?" So I wrote out the check and walked out thinking...Merry Christmas Katelyn, hope you like your present! Note to self...next time go for the bottle of Clairol.

No comments: