Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The end of an era....

I'm not sure if six years qualifies as an "era", but it should. Preschool days are officially over at our house. We have had kids attending Little Lights for four of the last six years, and today was our baby's last day! The photo is of her receiving her graduation certificate from her teacher.
I have never really understood mothers who wanted to hang onto their children's younger years...until now. I have informed Kennedy that if she never wants to start kindergarten and stay little forever, that it is okay with me. I have also never been a mother to cry when sending her children off to school ("better in your hair than mine" was what I was thinking...what a horrible mother), but I'm willing to bet that a few tears might be shed come next September!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ria, same here on shedding a few tears next year when Kennedy starts Kindergarden in the fall.....this Grandma is also one who sheds little tears but have so enjoyed being a part of Kennedy's preschool years .....it is going to be extra tough to see her go on the bus to school and Grandma watching on the side lines thinking she is too young to go on the big bus by herself....and yes shedding a few tears. Thanks for letting me be a part of her days with pre-school....would not have missed it for anything.

Congratulations Kennedy!
Love,
Grandma LaVerne

Anonymous said...

congratulations Kennedy. Im so proud of you. Im so sorry I didnt know about it. Love, Gma Bean

Anonymous said...

Awesome Miss Dee-Dee.... I think it's fantastic to see you grow up and graduate ! Tell mommy to dry her tears and look to the future and all you are going to experience...you my dear child have earned your place as the youngest of four...by far the most patient and giving. You looked fabulous in your pretty dress and your pretty hair... in the blink of an eye mom will be tearing up again as she walks away from your dorm room, from your wedding day, from the hospital after you give birth.... my, my, my it's only just beginning...... Congrats there Little Lights Graduate! Can't wait to be a part of what's ahead for you pretty brunette chicklet ! ! We'll go shopping for a box of kleenix for mom...