Tuesday, January 29, 2008

today...

Today I had to wear my winter coat while I did the dishes because the window over our sink doesn't close all the way and -50 wind chill was blowing into my kitchen.

Today I had had to use my cash from my poker winnings last weekend to buy my third graders recorders at school.

Today Cooper called from school to say he forgot his gym shoes, but when Tim came home to get them and bring them to school we couldn't find them. It turns out they WERE in his backpack, he just didn't look hard enough.

Today I made Tim take Carter to the doctor because he woke up with severe lower abdominal pain and I was sure it was appendicitis. It wasn't.

Today I am going to bed early...the best part of my day...today.

Tomorrow is a new day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say you're lucky you have Tim. Think if you were a single mother and had to handle those things alone -- give him a big hug from me for being there for you. Sorry I'm not closer to help you out. Mom
P.S. - I'm wearing my UGH boots and headband and neck-scarf around my house to keep warm too...the sliding glass door towards the lake faces north too and has huge air leaks...so I feel your brrrrr...

Jenay said...

Ria- I think we sometimes have days like this to remind us that life can always be worse. Most of the time we're pretty lucky!

Here's to a better day tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Ria...such a terrible day and then we asked you to come out and attend the dedication and take pictures for us at the MCLC event.
We truely hope your Wednesday was a better day and to THANK YOU for help in making Tuesday a good day for the rest of your family....we love having you as part of our family and for all you do for us.
Mark and LaVerne

Ria said...

Thanks for the comments...
Yes mom, you are absolutely right about me being lucky to have Tim. Couldn't do it without him; and I should remember to tell him so more often. And it's not that it was such a bad day, just an example of the mundaness of life I guess. And as I was typing it I couldn't help but think that of course it could be worse...we could have NO heat, no extra cash laying around, or Carter could have HAD appendicitis. So...I will go to bed tonight thinking of all the ways I have it REALLY great, cause there are LOTS!