Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers we know and a special Mother's Day wish for our mothers, Sandi and Laverne. We love you! I had a really great relaxing day that started with breakfast in bed prepared just perfectly by Katelyn. The kids brought me all the gifts they had made me and we laughed and laughed about Kennedy's "Top 10 Things I Love About Mom" list.

1. nice (what??? I don't ever remember being described as nice)
2. cleaning (and I thought it went un-noticed!)
3. baking (ummm...my idea of baking is buying cookies at the store and arranging them nicely on a plate)
4. cooking (again...for those that know me well cooking is NOT something I am skilled at, but since Kennedy pretty much lives on waffles and peanut butter sandwiches she wouldn't really know that I am not a good cook)
5. funny (so glad that she still thinks I'm funny...Katelyn just thinks I am the world's biggest dork)
6. cute (aahhhwwwwww....)
7. playing with me (whatever....she has long ago stopped even bothering to ask me to play with her since she knows I always say no)
8. webkinz (not sure what this has to do with me)
9. shopping (I LOVE shopping, but I'm not sure why it is something she loves about me, since she hates going shopping with me unless it is to go to Target to buy her something and not look at anything else)
10. skating (again....nothing to do with me. I'm pretty sure she just ran out of things that she loved about me!)
Here is a beautiful drawing of me and my youngest that accompanied the top ten list....I guess maybe she would like it if we owned matching dresses...and shoes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess we should have skipped a generation and Miss Kennedy should have been my little girl... because if you remember, I DID buy us matching dresses and shoes and you thought that was dumb.. and here your little girl likes that idea! Your mom.

Anonymous said...

Ria..Thank you for being a great mom for our 4 Grandkids! Love everyone of you and was so fun at the lake and miniture golfing with the Czichotzki Family...Fun Day!
LaVerne

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad that someone got to have a fun day with her kids and grandkids.