Monday, September 01, 2008

summer's over

It's off to school for the kiddos tomorrow morning. I'm just glad we all survived the summer. I didn't work myself to death, the kids didn't kill each other or burn the house down, and Tim didn't move out because we got a puppy. It feels good to be getting into a routine again, although I'm not looking forward to the days of rushing to catch the bus, rushing to eat supper so you can get to practices, rushing to get homework done, and rushing to get to bed early enough just so you can wake up and do it all over again. I will miss the lazier days of summer when you could let the kids play ditch outside until 10 or later, shower around 11 and maybe make it to bed before midnight. No rushing necessary. Although I was a busy lady this summer, I did find enough lazy time to read a few books. I prefer "chick lit" types...just easy reads without much thinking involved. Here are the ones I got through during the last few months...
















1 comment:

Kris said...

ooooh Emily Griffin is my favorite!! Something borrowed is my favorite! I couldn't put it down.