Tuesday, December 19, 2006

It's Not Fair

We have been having a lot of "It's not fair!" complaints at our house lately. Yesterday it was because the neighbor girl asked Cooper to play inside her house. (They usually just play outside together so it's a real treat when you get to play inside!) Carter immediately assumed that he should get to go too, but since Cooper had already been outside playing with the neighbor while Carter was inside shooting pucks (as usual) I said he couldn't go this time. It was tantrum city, but because I was busy with daycare kids, I didn't have time to deal with it. So, a few hours later while I was making supper I realized I hadn't seen Carter since he stormed off. I looked all over the house for him and finally had to ask Kennedy if she had seen him. She said, "I dunno, last time I saw him he was crying under the Christmas tree." So I looked under the tree...no Carter. But behind the couch, under the sofa table tucked away in the corner was poor Carter. It stinks when life isn't fair!

No comments: